Paper Cut Valentines

Here it is, the middle of February.  This is always the time of year to assess where I am but this year I have decided that it is not possible to know.  I am always moving and shifting, finding new things to try and why hinder myself by saying "Stay focused, Amy".  So I am embracing a new art form and I will see where it settles in amongst the other "things" that I do.

Over the past 2-3 years I have been drawn to the art of paper cutting.  There are some amazing things that I have seen but here is an example to wet your appetite.

Mind blowing right?  

Another artist that I am a huge fan of is Elsita Mora.  Her work is lovely and her blog is stunning.  I find I can get lost there but I always walk away with a smile and wonderment.

With that in mind, it was Valentines Day yesterday.  When I was a little girl, my God Mother Janie, would always make me a handmade Valentine.  It was a small gesture that made an impact on me.  I have always encouraged my children to do the same and this year I thought I would combine my desire to try paper cutting and my need to set an example by making my own homemade Valentines.  

I started on my Pinterest board with a project I pinned last year.  The first one was for my husband.

I was pretty happy with it and when my daughter came home from school I showed it to her.  She asked if she was getting one too!  So guess what I did on Valentine's Day.  

My son is turning 11 in April.  He has a passion for the outdoors and camping.  He told my husband a few weeks ago that someday he would just like to have a lot of land and a simple life.  His Valentine was the next one I tackled.  I made him his cabin in the woods.

He is growing up so fast, so I wrote "Wherever you roam, there will always be warm hearts waiting at home."

The last one was for my daughter.  She is 100% girl and is full of hugs and kisses.  She loves to share her art and ideas with me and we talked about possibilities for other Valentines when I showed her the first one for my husband.  Here is what I came up with.

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day and were able to share it with the ones you love.


Green Morning said...

whoa, your valentines turned out super cool! did you come up with the design yourself? i would like to try making something like that too some day, this idea could be used for any holiday! thanks for sharing :)

Bumble Belly Designs said...

Thanks Green Morning!! Here is the direct link to the project from Craftzine.
The first one I made was a variation on theirs but the 2 for my children were my designs. Cheers!